Thank you for submitting your quote. We'll be in touch shortly with a link to your customized quote.
In the meantime, below is a sample video showcasing what can be done from a shoebox full of lost films & how life's moments caught on tape and film really are worth preserving and sharing, because it does go by so very, very fast.
Also..8 questions to ask when you are shopping around for quotes locally & on the internet.
Enjoy & we'll be back with you very shortly!
8 Questions to ask when shopping around for quotes:
1. Where are videos showing your equipment & process & facility? - You never want to go by explanations on a site. It's an unfortunate fact that companies are not so forthcoming through their text. What may seem like a complex explanation, usually is a projector, a piece of paper and a $300 camcorder video taping off the wall, something you could do at home yourself. You are paying for a professional transfer, and you should expect a professional presentations on websites as we have.
2. Why are your prices so high? The average rate is 10cents to 16cents per foot. Any company charging over that doing something wrong or outsourcing to cover shipping expenses and trying to make a profit by hiking the price. Nothing to do with premium quality or service. Other areas could be workflows that are archaic, i.e been around for 25 years in a small town with zero competition and people paid it. Also out dated equipment or just have one machine, so their throughput is low and again, a hodgepodge operation. At Got Memories, we have over 20 professional film transfer machines, proven workflow to reduce wasted time and keep the price low.
3. Who is transferring the film? How long have they worked for you? .. Trained staff is key & this might sound like too much information, but we pay our staff very well, full medical, 401k, a lot of vacation time, (Owner is European so keeps in line with EU law lol!) So that means that staff like to come to work when they are taken care of and respected. In turn, they are happy and take care of customers and care about the outcome and reputation of the company. You all know the difference when dealing with a company with high paid employees vs minimum wage employees. The difference is huge. Beyond staff, we have also invested in training & high end equipment that makes film transfers pleasurable to do. Most companies hire and fire staff every few weeks and months due to low pay, outdated troublesome equipment that needs constant maintenance & is frustrating to work on, hence staff bail all the time. What does that mean for you? Quickly trained staff at other companies that do not care, cut corners and do not pay attention to what's on the screen, low light, over exposure, color correction, just overall sloppy, lazy work & super bad attitude when you complain. So all might look great on the site, but it's when there is a problem that a company and it's staff show their true colors.
4. Where are your conversions done? By you, farmed to another company? Companies will never admit to outsourcing, ever...this is why it is imperative to see video of their facility. We won't name names, but some major companies on the web, if you Google their ship to address, a lot of the time another companies address as well. Certain well known companies outsources their once in house photo and slide scanning work to Scancafe.com which is based in California, but if you read the fine print, it's shipped to Bangalore, India.
5. Look up addresses on Google Maps. A lot of web 'companies' are houses, apartment complexes or drop off locations, such as independent mail box shops, which look like a business address but are a UPS store PO Box holder that randomly picks up orders. In Phoenix, their is a company AZdigitaltransfers.com that you drop off at a UHaul storage companies front desk, then some person who lives nearby comes and picks it up & does the work. It's astounding how little background checking goes on when you are dealing with one off copies of your family memories.
6. Do you splice my film onto larger reels? Almost every company splices film together onto larger reels, this is a NO NO! This is only done to make their job easier. All your small boxes of films and smaller reels will be mish mashed together onto larger 7" reels. We do not do that. If you're editing, this turns into a nightmare trying to find your footage once digital & for those picky family members, they will not be happy when it's not returned EXACTLY how they gave it to you!
7. Video tapes, charged by the minute, extra DVD charges, copy protection? At Got Memories, flat rate, no protection.
8. What brand of DVD's? We only use ProDisc Grade A inkjet printable DVD's, highest quality = zero problems.
Below is a link on how to pack your home movies ready for conversion. If you are local, you can just bring your home movies in as you see them now and we'll take care of the rest.
Here's a testimonial from a customer, says it all really:
Got Memories Team! If you'd like a quote immediately attended to, just call us if it's between 9-5pm M-F AZ time.